I have been teaching at American Creativity Academy for the past month and a bit, and have recently started a new unit on Ancient Greece. I wanted to go about the unit in a different and unique way, so I decided to do it through wikispaces (http://socialstudiesaca7.wikispaces.com/) I simply have posted notes, and all the formative assignments we are doing. The kids have responded well. One thing I really do enjoy about this school is that the kids all have their own personal computers and iPads. They also have these 3G wireless routers that are very useful, they bring them to class and we do online activities that definitely make things unique and exciting.
One thing that I feel has worked very well with the Wikispaces is using the discussion area in the wiki to have the students respond to questions that tie in with lessons covered in class. I am going to get the students to reflect on a few videos that we are to watch in class, and they are to have a dicussion in the Wikispace! I think this is a good way to get the kids to become critical thinkers and create their own personal opinions. We all know when we were in grade 7 how hard it was to come up with something "original".
Mr.Nathan
One thing that I feel has worked very well with the Wikispaces is using the discussion area in the wiki to have the students respond to questions that tie in with lessons covered in class. I am going to get the students to reflect on a few videos that we are to watch in class, and they are to have a dicussion in the Wikispace! I think this is a good way to get the kids to become critical thinkers and create their own personal opinions. We all know when we were in grade 7 how hard it was to come up with something "original".
Mr.Nathan
No comments:
Post a Comment