Thursday, January 6, 2011

Internet for Educators Day 1

John Evans Presentation was very interesting. Professional Learning Network, he talked about how its all about getting connected by using all the very usefull tools like twitter, facebook etc.I like the thought of using these tools in our classroom, makes it a little more interesting.
5 W's of Professional Learning Network, these were things I never really realized the teacher was "responsible" for. I always looked at it like if the funding or school divisions policy were based on something, the teacher always had to go by that, not by trying to incorporate ICT in the classroom.

he gave good insight on ways to develop PLN. Its important to determine your goals, so you know what you are striving for. This is important. this way you can see your "tools" and resources to achieve these goals.
The thing with Twitter, like John was saying, its very useful. The one video he showed, and the guy said he learned more from his twitter friends than he did in Grad School, i can definitely see that. Becaue ppl world wide are sharing resources, information with their tweets, and its right there in front of us. As teachers we need to share our information and resources together, it will make education a better place. Also, as educators no matter what stage in our career its never to late to try out new things to make our job more interesting and challenging. Personally, I dont like the idea of teaching and using the same things over and over every year, thats why I like technology and the "changes" it brings. This way you will always constantly find yourself keeping up with it and learning as your students will be too.

Over all great insight and information about ICT in education.

1 comment:

  1. Well Nate you have some interesting ideas here and I think I share a lot of your opinions. I completely agree that as educators we must try new things. Professional development is very important in education as you learn new and improved ways to deliver information to the students. The internet is a great way to develop profesionally. Technology is such a huge part of society that we have to incorporate it into our classrooms to keep things new and exciting. I also like the statement about learning as your students do, learning new technology along with your students can help build a sense of community in your classroom.

    ReplyDelete